Monday, June 16, 2008

sunday, sunday, sunday

It was gorgeous outside!
Met up with five friends for bagels and coffee @ 9am. We then rolled out to Stillwater to watch the final stage of the Nature Valley Grand Prix.
Had a few beers and cheese curds (thanks Ted) while ingesting the amateur race. Had a couple more beers and some homemade wine with the womens and mens pro races. Kristin Armstrong dominated. The next closest rider at the finish was 77 seconds away, and she was the only rider I saw out there with a smile on their face.

on our ride home....

"you know that 'wall' you sometimes hear about?" - me to A

"yea, it was back there" - A to me

upon realizing i should have made more of an effort to take in some food.
when we got to within 5 miles of 'ol Mexico (a mediocre restaurant, with nice drink specials. ...aren't most?) my legs just went tingly and I fell off the back of the group. i pulled out of my arse an assortment of excuses: giving blood two days before, getting sunburnt the day before, getting sunburnt that day, not eating lunch, that last PBR and glass of wine, and the wind.

lame? yes.

did my riding friends buy it? i think so

No comments:

Resources Map

The content on this will be changing regularly. So check back often. I've been asked a number of times what route I take to eagan. Here it is!
View Larger Map